1. Where are you from?
Though I’ve lived in Durham, NC most of my life, I’m from Key West, FL.
2. How long have you been pole dancing?
I’ve been pole dancing since August 2016.
3. How did you become interested in the pole and fitness industry? I came to TML looking for a workout that was fun and exciting. After my first class, I was hooked! I didn’t have much strength, flexibility, or coordination at the time, but the patience, reassurance, and warmth radiating from my instructors inspired me to keep coming back.
4. What type of music to do you like to dance to?
My pole playlist is inspired by music with soul/neo-soul vibes that are slow in tempo and infused with lots of emotion.
5. What’s your favorite move or pose?
In terms of flexibility, I love moves that open the hip flexors, such as pigeon, lizard, and camel. My favorite pole move is the corkscrew spin and a future goal is to do this move hands-free!
6. Advice for New Polers: Pole dance queens come in all shapes and sizes! Let go of any pre-conceived notions—you do not have to be a bodybuilder or ballerina to begin your pole dance journey! Each time you go around the pole you will build incremental strength, so focus on technique—grace and poise will come later!
“…We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?...” –Marianne Willamson